Entering the Omnichannel Era
Ebeltoft Group´s 2014 Global Cross Channel Retailing Report studies leading retailers’ customer facing cross channel capabilities; analyzing its development, state of maturity and Omnichannel Champions at global, category and country level.
The report found that:
- Click and Collect, the corner stone for cross channel retailing, is evolving; 64% of the retailers audited have this capability in place (53% in `12)
- Social-Local-Mobile (SoLoMo) cross channel capabilities; show the highest level of development (59%)
- Connected store capabilities improved (+15% compared to ´12) yet remains a challenge with a moderate level of development (37%)
- 80% of retailers agreed that “Cross channel is one of their main priorities”
- US and UK retailers lead the way; showing the highest level of cross channel development.
The study uses Ebeltoft Group’s Cross Channel Benchmark Framework, organized into five core areas and 29 cross channel capabilities integrated into the retailers’ operations. The table below summarizes the global scoring, by retail sector, based on the framework.
The report furthermore provides the synthesis of Ebeltoft Group´s exclusive Global Cross Channel Survey, including retail executives perspective as to their perception on future cross channel development
In parallel to the Global report 4 Retail Category Reports measure specifc cross channel capability deveopment at category level. The reports indicate recent developments and category omnichannel champions and show what specific cross channel capabilities make the difference in each category. Categories covers are: DIY, General Merchadise, Speciality Fashion and Electrical.
Some of the 146 retailers included in the study are Best Buy, De Bijenkorf, Courts, Conrad, Nordstrom, Marks & Spencer and Mango.
To read the Global Cross Channel Retailing Report press release click here.
Countries included in the study are Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and US.
To obtain a copy of the report or for further information on the study, global and country level findings contact Ebeltoft Group or the Ebeltoft Group member in your region.